Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Accounting vs Finance

VS

Yesterday, while I in FBL building searching and waiting for someone, I met with my ex-management accounting tutor. So, we chit-chat for about 10 mins. Conversation goes like this (summarize only important points):


Tutor: Eh, Hi.. How are you..?

Me: Hi, Madam. I'm fine.. How bout madam?

Tutor: I'm fine too. So, how your results last sems for MA?

Me: Err.. Just A-.

Tutor: Hmm.. A-, very good already. Eh, i think you should major in Accounting la.. Trust me. Accounting suit you. Besides, Accounting is a professional course what. Right?

Me: (silent) Erm.. Ya, it's professional but I already study other courses now.

Tutor: If I were you, I will choose Accounting. Nevermind waste for 1 year. Retake the course and see whether what subject can be credit transfer. Just 1 year what... U in Beta right, now ??

Me: No, Gamma year.

Tutor: Oh, second year already. Aiya, You make mistake la. You should choose Accounting. Your result is good. Some people get C for Accounting also want to major in Accounting. Why at that time u not apply for major in Accounting ?

Me: (LOL) Because at that time, I said to myself.. I need to get at least A- for my Management Accounting paper (FOSEE) just I choose for Accounting major. But I didn't get that result. See how la.. Maybe Master I choose Accounting.

Tutor:Oh, ic.. It's no use. You are not an accountant also. Unless you take ACCA paper. But it's a bit tough la..

Me: Yeah. ACCA is tough!! So, Madam is teaching what subject this sems ?

Tutor: Oh, I'm teaching Advanced Tax this sems. You should come and join my class la.. Although you are not accounting student. It might help you in the future.

Me: (blur) Oh, just see when I have time maybe I will join. (Alasan)

Tutor: Hmm.. Good la.. Okay la.. See you around la..

Me: Bye, madam!

After my tutor leave, I smile on my own when think back the conversation. As for now, I must continue my study that I had decided. I'm BANKING and FINANCE student. :)


*Happy Birthday to De Kai on 20th June 2008. Sorry, busy update blogs. Today just update.

2 comments:

fendy_ahmad said...

Dear Wei Loon,

If you ask me, foe sure my answer is -> You already made a very smart decision by majoring in Banking n Finance :)

I got A for all my accounting papers for my Alpha n Beta level but my instinct said 'Finance is better for me' and 'Finance will allow me to do more exploration of thinking & ideas in comparison with Accounting.'

At the end of the day, our ability to 'innovate the theories' and 'to exploit the knowledges' will determine 'who are you' and 'how far you can go with it.'

wei^loon said...

Haha.. Yeah Mr fendi.. What u said really make sense.. We're BANKING and FINANCE student!!!