Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy "Dong Zi" Festival


Me and De Kai went to Muar today. We went there because our friend, Lian Jie (Huey Lian) had invited us to have some fun in Muar. So, we decided to follow her back her hometown. We started our journey around 12pm.

When I reached there, I get well-served by Huey Lian and family. Her mother cook "tang yuan" for all of us. Thanks, aunty. Although cannot eat mum self-made "tang yuan", but today can eat "tang yuan" can counted as grateful already. After having the "tang yuan", Huey Lian and 2 sisters accompany us visit Muar.

Our 1st place we go was "ASAM FISH SHOP". We having our lunch at there. I noticed that the "ASAM FISH" in Muar quite different from Melaka. In Melaka, the ASAM FISH will be accompany by tomatoes, lady-fingers and long bean, but there is a plain ASAM FISH in Muar. I mean, only fish inside. Anyway, the taste was still good and the dish I think the best is " THAI STYLE TAUFU".. It's so nice! ( Forget to capture photos, all busy eating only). After that, we went to have cendol. The cendol is nothing different from Melaka cendol and I prefer cendol with red bean.

Once finished eating cendol, we went to TANJUNG. There is the place whereby the visitors can feed the monkeys. There are so many monkeys there and they are free to move here and there.. There're so cute! So, 5 of us went down and me and De Kai decided to feed the monkeys while the 3 siblings not even dare to go closer to the monkey's spot. I bought 3 packets of groundnuts to feed the monkeys. I found out that at the first moment they afraid of us, but ends up they're so enjoyed of eating "free groundnuts". Before I ended my last packet of groundnuts, I planned to go closer to the monkey and feed them nearer. Who know's, the monkey taken all my packet of groundnuts and clawed my hand. I did not know what the monkey tried to do, but I just smile at them and I did not get any hurt. All of them laughed at me! I felt funny too.. Then, we went to beside Muar River and see the scene from there. We also walked around the garden and saw many peoples there selling and buying foods beside the road.

Final destination that we went was something like "4th road" if I'm not mistaken la.. Haha! At there, I can saw many food stalls beside this road and many peoples buying foods at that time. I also packed 1 wan tan mee + otak otak ( Muar's famous food) for my dinner. After finished buying, we headed home to Melaka around 5.20pm.

It was an enjoyable trip to Muar and I would like to thanks to Huey Lian and family for entertained me when the time I'm in Muar.

Some photos taken will be upload after Huey Lian pass to me.

P/S: HAPPY DONG ZHI TO ALL MALAYSIAN!

No comments: